Saturday, January 2, 2010

why i never thought i'd...



maybe i just wanted to start writing. maybe i realized that i'm obsessed with food and would be completely happy cooking, baking, and gardening all the time. maybe i'm sad that i can't feed all the people i love, so this way i can share my love of food with them instead. either way, thus begins my blog.

now that i live in small town, usa, i have very few expenses and much more time to actualize my domestic side. when i first moved to hannibal, i was mildly traumatized by not having access to a co-op, fabulous restaurants, and locally made fresh mozzarella. i hadn't shopped regularly in a conventional grocery store since i was a teenager and was shocked at how little food is actually sold in one. so i armed myself with new tools and more cookbooks so i could better satisfy my most basic needs. now, my food processor is like a third, more powerful arm, and my ice cream machine is like a decadent tail. there are many days where i find myself cooking for several hours and thinking, i couldn't be happier.

everything is made from scratch in this house. all of our bread, every sauce, soup, gelato, cake, jam, soda, and sometimes even cheese. here, i'll share my favorites: books, recipes, ingredients, experiments and excitements. enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment